Thursday, August 11, 2011

Plug into the "Tech" Era of Language Learning and Language Teaching

The general realm of education is reaching a new level of cool. Learning to read, write, and improve spoken fluency has never been more fun than using smart technology and interactive games, instead of being limited to "rote memorization" techniques. Reports of elementary schools giving iPads to the students as a learning tool makes me ponder how my primary school years with somewhat lacking technological variety may have affected my outlook on learning styles. With the lightning-fast pace of digital advancements in our daily lives, I have noticed an upswing in the use of technology to supplement language learning and language teaching. As part of a Multilingual Writing group, I have come across many excellent resources that you can use to implement into your own learning or teaching process/curriculum. I will explore, analyze, and share some thoughts of useful websites, products, etc. in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment